International School of Chemometrics - ISC 2021
The International School of Chemometrics - ISC - 2021 edition is CLOSED!!!
First of all, we want to thank you all for the great support received. We have fulfilled the expectations and we have now 55 students from all over the world. Therefore, we will close the subscriptions from today April 30th, 2021.
Don't worry because we are already working in ISC-2022.
ISC-2021 is what you need for learning Chemometrics. ISC-2021 is a five-week school designed to be an introduction to different key aspects of Data Science and Machine Learning in different brands of science (chemistry, food & feed, physics, environmental, political economics, etc).
ISC-2021 is open to everybody. ISC-2021 addresses BSc, MSc, PhD students/post-docs, associate professors, etc. who want to acquire or refresh basic knowledge on multivariate data analysis from different disciplines. ISC-2021 is also addressed to researchers working in industry or research laboratories wanting to implement multivariate data analysis in their daily research environment.
ISC-2021 is an intensive school. ISC-2021 is held in five consecutive weeks structured in different seminars/modules where the students will be more than welcome to work with their own data together with high-qualified teachers.
Meeting worldwide recognized experts of Multivariate Data Analysis in an open discussion forum environment. ISC-2021 counts on teachers that are well-recognized experts on chemometrics and multivariate data analysis in their respective fields. This, at the same time, will offer the possibility of opening new collaborative frameworks between students and teachers.
CHOOSE YOUR OWN SCHOOL. ISC-2021 is modular. The students can choose to attend the seminars which they consider more relevant for their research. There is no minimum of seminars that the student must attend. Also, they will have the opportunity to dive into any multivariate method. In total, by attending the whole school, one student can obtain up to 12 ECTS credits.
Subscriptions: Subscriptions are CLOSED.
For subscription and payment, you need to do three things:
- 1) Send us an e-mail (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Full Name: The name that you need in the ECTS diplomas
- Work address: Institution/University/Department - Company
- Seminars that you want to attend
- Total price in DKK
- Nationality and country of residence: We have received students from more than 50 countries and nationalities and we love it! We just want to keep a record of that.
- If you are a student of any kind (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- If you want to do it physically or online
- Grant: If you are a student of any kind (BSc, MSs, PhD) you can submit a proposal for obtaining one of the two grants that we offer. The grants cover the entire fee of the School. Please, follow the instructions on the website to submit the proposal (https://www.hypertools.org/isc). The deadline for proposal submission is the end of April, 2021.
- 2) Go to the payment website in order to do the payment: https://science.nemtilmeld.dk/777/
NOTE: The last week of ISC-2021 is the "choose your own adventure" week:
- MCR and QSAR are running in parallel. So you have to choose one of them.
- MSPC and METABO are running in parallel. You have to choose one of them.
This is not an issue concerning your access to the off-line lessons of all the seminars. But officially I can only grant you one of them.
- 3) Go to the official course websites and subscribe in order to obtain your ECTS (once passing the seminars, of course:
If you any question, please, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
From the 31st of May until the 2nd of July, 2021.
University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Frederiksberg Campus.
- There is the possibility of attending the School via online and being granted with the corresponding ECTS.
- The online students will receive the same material than the physically present students.
- The online students will have the possibility of obtaining the ECTS after being approved by the teachers.
- The lesson will be broadcasted every day and one supporting teacher will be in charge of managing the communication with the teacher at real-time.
- Since there might be students at different time zones, all lessons will be recorded and loaded as soon as the lesson is over. All students (physical and online) will have unlimited access to the videos until the 1st of October, 2021.
MATLAB: Introduction to Matlab for Multivariate Data Analysis. 5 Days. 2.5 ECTS.
BASIC: This seminar includes 2 parts. EXPLORE and CLASS. Basic introduction to Chemometrics. Data types, PCA, pre-processing, Multivariate Regression, Multivariate Classification. 5 days. 2.5 ECTS.
INTERMEDIATE: This seminar includes 3 parts. VARSEL (variable selection methods), LINAL (Linear Algebra) and NONLIN (non-linear modelling). 5 days. 2.5 ECTS.
CHALLENGES: This seminar includes 3 parts. MULTIWAY (Multi-way data analysis), FUSION (data fusion) and ERROR (Multivariate Error estimation). 5 days. 2.5 ECTS.
MCR: Multivariate Curve Resolution. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
QSAR: Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
MSPC: Multivariate Process Control. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
METABO: Metabolomics Data Analysis. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
GLUE: How NOT to Make Chemometrics. 0.5 days. No ECTS.
Calendar and teachers:
Price (see further details in Detailed information):
- Students: 600 DKK per 1 ECTS (Approx. 81 Euro / 98 USD)
- Industry: 1500 DKK per 1 ECTS (Approx. 200 Euro / 245 USD)
All seminars include all the material that the student might need:
- Slides of the course (pdf).
- Refreshment during the lessons (coffee, tea, candies, cookies, and other amenities). This, of course, if we are allowed due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation
- Unlimited Off-line access to the videos of the lessons until the end of 2021.
- We do NOT provide: Matlab and lunch
ISC-2021 will offer TWO grants for students. The grant will cover the subscription fee for all the seminars. In order to apply for the grant, you need to send two documents to email@example.com:
1) A paper that certifies that you are a student at any level (BSc, MSc or PhD student).
2) One page describing why you need to be at the School. How the School can be helpful in your research Times New Roman, 11 pt. with 1.5 line space).
The selection committee will be formed by Prof. Rasmus Bro and Prof. José Manuel Amigo. The announcement will be made no later than the end of April 2021.
Best Poster Award for physically present attendants!!!
In order to foment collaboration between us and interchange ideas, CSC-2021 will include different poster sessions. Therefore, I would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the school. The abstract and poster are intended to promote the interchange of ideas between us, students and teachers.
The work does NOT NEED to be original. It can be original or it could have been presented in another conference. It can perfectly be an abstract that expresses your worries or doubts about an experiment that you want to perform.
1) The abstract:
- It should not be longer than 2 A4 pages, including figures, tables and references.
- The language must be English and formatted in Times New Roman, 11 pt. with 1.5 line space.
- It must be submitted in pdf
2) The poster:
- It must be in A3 size. I know that this is not a normal size for a poster. Nevertheless, we have very limited extra space.
Best poster award: The best poster will be chosen among the participants. The winner will receive a diploma and an award (a good one :). Depending on the number of posters presented, there might be one or two runner-ups. They will receive a diploma and some other surprises.
The jury will be formed by the students who participate in the whole school. The deadline to submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org will be the day before starting the School (31st of May, 2021).