International School of Chemometrics - ISC 2022
The International School of Chemometrics - ISC - 2022 edition is OPEN FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS!!!
ISC-2022 is what you need for learning Chemometrics (Machine Learning in Sciences). ISC-2022 is a FIVE-week school designed to be an introduction to different key aspects of Data Science and Machine Learning in different branches of science (chemistry, food & feed, physics, environmental, political economics, etc).
ISC-2022 is open to everybody. ISC-2022 addresses BSc, MSc, PhD students/post-docs, associate professors, etc. who want to acquire or refresh basic knowledge on multivariate data analysis from different disciplines. ISC-2022 is also addressed to researchers working in industry or research laboratories wanting to implement multivariate data analysis in their daily research environment.
ISC-2022 is an intensive school. ISC-2022 is held in five consecutive weeks structured in different seminars/modules where the students will be more than welcome to work with their own data together with high-qualified teachers.
Meeting worldwide recognized experts of Multivariate Data Analysis in an open discussion forum environment. ISC-2022 counts on teachers that are well-recognized experts on chemometrics and multivariate data analysis in their respective fields. This, at the same time, will offer the possibility of opening new collaborative frameworks between students and teachers.
CHOOSE YOUR OWN SCHOOL. ISC-2022 is modular. The students can choose to attend the seminars which they consider more relevant for their research. There is no minimum of seminars that the student must attend. Also, they will have the opportunity to dive into any multivariate method. In total, by attending the whole school, one student can obtain up to 12 ECTS credits.
Dates: From the 2nd of May until the 27th of May, 2022
Place: University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Frederiksberg Campus.
- There is the possibility of attending the School online and being granted the corresponding ECTS.
- The online students will receive the same material as the physically present students.
- The online students will have the possibility of obtaining the ECTS after being approved by the teachers.
- The lesson will be broadcast every day and one supporting teacher will be in charge of managing the communication with the teacher in real-time.
- Since there might be students at different time zones, all lessons will be recorded and loaded as soon as the lesson is over. All students (physical and online) will have unlimited access to the videos until the 1st of October, 2022.
Subscriptions: Subscriptions are OPEN.
For subscription and payment, you need to follow a simple step:
Send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Full Name: The name that you need in the diploma
- Work address: Institution/University/Department - Company
- Seminars that you want to attend
- Total price in DKK
- Nationality and country of residence: We have received students from more than 50 countries and nationalities and we love it! We just want to keep a record of that.
- If you are a student of any kind (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- If you want to do it physically or online
- Grant: If you are a student of any kind (BSc, MSs, PhD) you can submit a proposal for obtaining one of the two grants that we offer. The grants cover the entire fee of the School. If you are interested, let us know and we will tell you how to apply for it
If you have any questions, please, send us an e-mail: email@example.com
PROGRAM (José Manuel Amigo, Sergey Kucheryavskyi and Anders Krogh Mortensen): This online prerecorded videos is thought to be an introduction of the main aspects dealing with Matlab, R and Python. Check the "detailed information website" for more information. 1 ECTS.
BASIC (José Manuel Amigo and Davide Ballabio): This seminar includes 2 parts. EXPLORE and CLASS. Basic introduction to Chemometrics. Data types, PCA, pre-processing, Multivariate Regression, Multivariate Classification. 5 days. 2.5 ECTS.
INTERMEDIATE (Asmund Rinnan, Anna de Juan and Rasmus Bro): This seminar includes 3 parts. VARSEL (variable selection methods), MCR (Multivariate Curve Resolution) and MULTIWAY (Multi-way analysis). 5 days. 2.5 ECTS.
CHALLENGES (Rasmus Bro, Federico Marini and Ricard Boqué): This seminar includes 3 parts. NONLIN (Non-linear modelling, FUSION (multiblock analysis and data fusion) and ERROR (Multivariate Error estimation). 5 days. 2.5 ECTS.
DoE (Riccardo Leardi): Design of Experiments. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
ASCA (Morten A. Rasmussen): ANOVA-Simultaneous Component Analysis. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
HYPER (Neal Galhaguer): Hyperspectral Image Analysis. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
METABO (Agnieszka Smolinska): Metabolomics Data Analysis. 2 days. 1 ECTS.
GLUE (José Manuel Amigo and Rasmus Bro): How NOT to Make Chemometrics. 0.5 days. No ECTS.
Calendar and teachers:
PROGRAM: From the 25th of April until the 29th of April, 2022. Check the "detailed information website" for more information.
Price (see further details in Detailed information):
- Students: 600 DKK per 1 ECTS (Approx. 81 Euro / 98 USD)
- Industry: 1500 DKK per 1 ECTS (Approx. 200 Euro / 245 USD)
All seminars include all the material that the student might need:
- Slides of the course (pdf).
- Refreshment during the lessons (coffee, tea, candies, cookies, and other amenities). This, of course, if we are allowed due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation
- Unlimited Offline access to the videos of the lessons until the end of 2022.
- We do NOT provide: Matlab and lunch